Event Category: Cornucopia Events
CORNUCOPIA ART CRAWL
A day dedicated to promote the Arts in Cornucopia. Featuring Artists from the South Shore of Lake Superior. Walk around our picturesque harbor town and enjoy a day of Art and fun. Maps provided. 10 am to 4pm.
Announcing 2017 POSTER CONTEST
for 13th Annual Cornucopia ART CRAWL
The Cornucopia ART CRAWL
The Cornucopia ART CRAWL is an event dedicated to the promotion and support of local artisans and their work. Vendors ”set up shop” in Cornucopia’s shops, stores, and restaurants and in tents in the streets and near the beach0while patrons walk-about the village visiting the variety of featured artists. The date of this year’s ART CRAWL is Saturday, September 10.
The Cornucopia ART CRAWL POSTER
The Cornucopia ART CRAWL POSTER is a visual means to advertise the event that will to be distributed widely in the area, published in local print media, and be available for sale prior to and at the event.
- Image is to convey a strong sense of identification with the Cornucopia locality – its geography, its beauty, its people, its heritage, history and/or culture.
- Additional criteria include: strength of the image, positive representation of the area, and how well the image will work as a “for sale” poster.
- Image must be an original work and can be rendered in any visual medium: a drawing, painting, photograph, print, computer-generated image, fiber art, etc. Image cannot have won any other regional contest.
- Preferred size of image is 10×12 inches.
- Submit the original image, unframed. Only one entry per artist.
Deadline for submission: 3:00 p.m., July 8, delivered to Ehler’s Store in Cornucopia
$75 will be awarded to the artist of the work chosen for the poster. Chosen artist will be notified by July 15th.
For more information, please contact Allyn Starr at 816.223.9266 or Karen Novachek at 715.742.3449 or 602-809-8731.